1. An orientation day for parents of new students to help parents prepare for their children’s new school life.
2.An induction week for new students with progressive school hours to help students gradually adapt to the new school life.
3.Adapt curriculum for and provide assistance to newly-arrived children or transfer students.
4.Arrange information day for parents on the selection of primary schools.
5.Arrange primary school visits and engage children in primary school activities to let children experience primary school life.
6.Establish Grasshopper Scout and Road Safety Patrol Team to develop children’s team spirit and teach them to love and care for each other.
7.Provide a comprehensive support system with professional counselling and referral services for children with special educational needs.
We have joined the On-site Pre-school Rehabilitation Services provided by Heep Hong Society. The services aim to provide school-based comprehensive training so that children with special needs are able to access the necessary training early in the “golden training period”. The professional team is comprised of special education child care workers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists. They provide on-site individual, class-based and group rehabilitation services and training to children, supplemented with training at centres with rehabilitation facilities. They also give professional advice and assistance to kindergarten teachers and support parents to equip with positive attitudes and necessary skills of nourishing children with special needs.
We work with Heep Hong Society to provide the Pilot Scheme on Social Work Service for Pre-primary Institutions.
On-site social worker is on duty every Monday and Thursday.
* To early identify and intervene in the crisis of children and their families and family with potential problems.
* To cultivate positive emotions of children and strengthen their social skills.
* To strengthen children’s resilience and problem-solving skills.
* To promote an intimate parent-child relationship, strong parent-child communication and build strong family ties.
* To provide professional support and consultations to teaching staff in identification and intervention in cases of children with special needs
* To promote the partnership with the pre-school and community institutions and to expand the support network
Target audience：our students and their family members
Scope of service：Provide children and family with consultation, emotional management, crisis management, counselling and referral services. Organise parenting talks and training courses for teaching staff.
* To enhance NCS students’ motivation in learning Chinese language
* To take care of the growing needs among NCS students and local students
* To develop inclusive learning in school and to help NCS students achieve better social integration
* We use Cantonese as the medium of instruction in order to ignite NCS students’ interest in learning Cantonese
* Classroom and teaching materials are decorated with Chinese elements. To enhance NCS students’ interest in learning Chinese language
* Adopting effective and interactive learning methods, NCS students will acquire Chinese in listening, speaking, reading and writing through stories and games
Cultural diversity and integration
* NCS students and local students are encouraged to establish friendship and develop mutual appreciation
* The school would organize theme-based cultrual activities such as Chinese National Costume Day, to promote Chinese culture
* We have teacher responsible for the exclusive school-based professional support work of the NCS students which includes curriculum planning, lesson teaching and parent liaison work, etc.
* The special NCS support teacher is well-qualified with the professional qualifications and relevant training